Financial Assistance Policies & Procedures
To ensure fairness to all families, the following policies have been developed for granting scholarships.
- If you plan to apply for a scholarship, please register for the class using the $20 deposit option. Our classes often sell out, and this will ensure that your space is held while your application is being processed. If you are unable to pay the $20, please reach out to us at (805) 781-3889 x 14 or [email protected].
- Each family will complete one scholarship application each year, due at least one week before the beginning of the first program in which the child will be participating. These applications are kept in the strictest confidence.
- This scholarship application will be kept on file and referred to, upon request, for multiple program participation within one year.
- The Education Director will review all applications and, in consultation with the Managing Artistic Director, a scholarship amount will be determined based on individual needs.
- Scholarships can be awarded at 25%, 50%, 75% or even 100% of the remaining balance of the program tuition.
- Scholarships will be awarded for additional program participation based on an evaluation by the student’s instructor, and demonstration of continued need. Students will be evaluated on attendance, evidence of individual effort and progress, and attitude. If a student exhibits lack of preparation, interest, or motivation, the scholarship may be reconsidered after discussion with the student and their family.
- At the discretion of the Managing Artistic Director and/or the Education Director, in-kind services may also be considered to fulfill tuition requirements in lieu of formal scholarship consideration.
- Payment plans are also available upon registration.
Scholarships for ACT programs have been underwritten through generous grants provided by:
Rotary Club of San Luis Obispo de Tolosa
Feel free to contact ACT with any additional questions.
Kerry DiMaggio, Education Director
Rachel Tietz, Assistant Education Director
Shannon Peters, Education Coordinator
(805) 781-3889 ext. 14