While our stage is dark, SLO REP needs your help more than ever. Your gifts — in any amount — will keep us afloat now and ensure that we’re ready to come back strong when we open our doors once again. Your generous support ensures the continued existence of SLO REP, now and into the future.
10 great ways to support SLO REP:
- Donate – Your contribution supports our continuing ACT educational programs and the future of live theatre in downtown SLO.
- Sponsor The Intermission Show! Created to provide an opportunity for connection while we are all sheltering in place during this crazy time of quarantine, THE INTERMISSION SHOW is a twice-weekly dose of fun and YOU can play a part! Click HERE for more information.
- Get to Know THE CARES ACT. Did you know that even if you are not itemizing your 2020 taxes, you can still claim up to $300 for cash donations? The CARES Act allows for an “above-the-line” deduction for charitable gifts up to $300. There are additional benefits for larger donations and donations of appreciated assets, such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Please click HERE for more information about philanthropy and the CARES Act and contact your tax advisor for details.
- Shop at AmazonSmile and choose SLO REP as your nonproft and Amazon will give a percentage of your purchase to the theatre!
- Leave a Legacy – Help ensure the future of local theatre by including SLO REP in your will or estate plans. If you’ve already made plans for a legacy gift, please let us know! We want to celebrate your foresight now! Contact Patty Thayer at email@example.com for more information.
- Donate your RMD Tax-Free to SLO REP. If you’re 70 1/2 or older, a donation to SLO REP can count as your required minimum distribution from your IRA, and save you money on taxes! Please contact your tax advisor for details.
- Like and Share – Help us increase our visibility on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube by liking, sharing, writing a review, sharing a photo and more!
- Sponsor a Show! Our sponsors are the cornerstone of each and every season here at SLO REP. Their early, generous support helps to fund our productions before they even begin rehearsals — from royalties, to actor contracts, to sets, costumes and more! To find out more about becoming a SLO REP Sponsor for future productions, please contact Patty Thayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host an Actor or Director in your Home – Once we return to producing live theatre in our playhouse at 888 Morro Street, some of our talented artists may need housing. So, if you’ve got a spare room or guest house, and would consider sharing your space, please contact Production Stage Manager Amanda Johnson to find out how you can become one of our guest artist hosts.
- Volunteer – When it is safe to open our doors once again, we will need our generous volunteers more than ever. For more information about how to join our corps of volunteers, please click HERE.
Donors and volunteers receive exclusive benefits including complimentary tickets, priority seating and invitations to special events.
Donor Reception & Season Preview Brunch
Major Donors to SLO REP ($1,000+) will receive an invitation to our annual donor reception and season preview. Honored guests will enjoy a delightful Sunday Champagne Brunch, along with a sneak preview of the upcoming season!
For more information, please contact:
Communications & Development Director
(805) 781–3889 x15
We believe in the Donor Bill of Rights!