When a performance is listed as sold-out at SLO REP, we are often able to accommodate a few additional patrons due to last minute cancellations, no-shows or added seats. Seating is not guaranteed, but if you follow the Wait List procedures listed below, chances are very good you’ll get in to see that sold-out show. Just because we’re sold-out doesn’t mean you have to miss out!
Here’s how it works:
One hour before show time (1 pm for Matinees, 6 pm for Evening Shows) the Box Office will open and a Wait List will be offered for that show only, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Submit your name and phone number at the Box Office window to be added to the Wait List
- You are welcome to wait in the lobby, enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of coffee and read the playbill while waiting for your name to be called
- If you leave the building, be sure to return to the theatre no later than 10 minutes before show time (1:50 or 6:50 pm)
- At show time (2 pm or 7 pm) the House Manager will assess available seats and call on Wait-Listed patrons in the order in which they arrived
- Payment for seats may take place immediately, or at intermission, at the discretion of the House Manager
If seating is not available for that performance, you will be given the opportunity to make reservations for another upcoming performance (subject to availability) as soon as the House Manager or Box Office Manager is available to assist you. (Usually after the theatre doors are closed and the show begins.)