The San Luis Obispo Little theatre is proud to support our nation’s playwrights through the 1st Annual SLOLT Short Play Festival. We are looking to celebrate talented emerging artists, as well as established playwrights from across the United States. The 10 plays chosen for the festival will receive a full production, as well as publication in our SLOLT Short Play Collection 2008 which will be available for sale at the theatre during the festival, as well as on our website and on Amazon.com. All festival playwrights will receive a complimentary copy of the collection.
We are looking for strong writing in a variety of genres, so please send us your best work only.
1. All 10-minute plays must be in English. All playwrights must be residents of the United States.
2. Deadline for submission is June 15, 2008. Only electronic submissions will be considered.
3. 10-minute plays must be no longer than 10-minutes when performed. Usually 10-pages in
standard playwriting format.
4. Provide separate cover page with author, title, contact information, email address, and phone. Do not print or include author’s name or other information on 2nd cover page or anywhere in script. You should be able to combine all materials into one file, but if you have trouble doing this, simply let us know in your email that there are multiple attachments.
5. The monologue/play must not have been previously published nor should it be pending publishing. Previous productions are okay. We will NOT keep someone else from publishing your piece in the future but we must be able to continue to keep the book in print.
6. Please be sure to fill out and submit the festival application along with your submission fee and script.
7. Plays that have been produced or won other awards are welcome – however, you must provide a complete list of awards and productions. We insist that we give credit to theatres that previously produced the work.
8. All genres are welcome.
9. Entries will be acknowledged by email. For more information, visit our website at /.
10. All material must belong solely to playwright(s) listed on entry form.
11.SLOLT reserves the right to cast and staff all shows as we see fit without approval from playwrights.
12. Playwrights who wish to attend rehearsals may do so, but no pay or travel is offered and playwright’s attendance at any and all rehearsals is at the discretion of the director and/or producers.
13. Please provide a brief bio less than one-quarter of a page.
14. Criticism/feedback will not be available.
15. Please send your submission to [email protected]. Please be sure to include “SLOLT Short Play Festival Submission” in the subject line.